Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Zombie Nails....AHHHH!!!!

Okay Pat has talked me into doing a post today about my Zombie Nails. I did want to wait and do this one on Halloween( a part of my 10 days of Halloween)... Lucky y'all!!! This is one of the most awesome mani's I've done in a long time:) Here is a picture of the finished look... hope its not to scary:)


Okay let me just say you should use fake nails... but I chipped a nail so I used my own. First you need to cut some chips out of your (fake) nails. I also took a course nail file and filed away from my nails beds; kinda like buffing ,you want some ridges in your nails. After that if you need to glue your nails on do so now. You need to start with a brown polish... I didn't have a dark brown so I used Sally Hansen Stony Creme mixed with a touch of black. You will sponge your nails all over with the brown, don't worry about it being perfect cause remember it's Zombie Nails!! Let that dry a bit and then you need to take your white polish close to the bed of your nails and make your Lanula(the half moon shaped thing under your nail by the nail bed), remember sponge on and it doesn't have to be perfect. With your brown mix it with black, I used Wet n Wild RIP Black Pearl and again you want to sponge on... this you just want to darken up your nail and not cover everything up.  Take your red polish I used OPI Color So Hot It Berns and sponge on to make a blood effect. Here is a picture of just the nails painted:)




So after all the polish and you getting the Zombie effect just the way you want it now you can play with the Halloween makeup. Here is what I used.






With the Halloween makeup start with the brown and sponge all around the nails. Take the red makeup and sponge under your nails so to add to the blood effect. Now your going to need to mix the brown with the black and sponge down your nails  just as far as you'd like to go. The last little touch is to take the Vampire Blood and put this around your nail beds, to give that bleeding undead look. And that's it, I know it sounds like a lot but it was a lot easier than I thought it was going to be. I hope you've enjoyed this post as much as I did doing this mani for y'all:)
 I just wanted to leave you with this... From the Movie Zombieland the First 10 Rules.

  1. Cardio
  2. The Double Tap
  3. Beware of Bathrooms
  4. Wear Seat Belts
  5. No Attachments
  6. The “Skillet”
  7. Travel Light
  8. Get a Kick Ass Partner
  9. With your Bare Hands
  10. Don’t Swing Low   


Happy Polishing everyone and Happy Halloween!!!!
Love,
~ANNE~






Just had to post this picture one last time:)

4 comments:

  1. @ Nail Designs xox thanks I'm in love with this scary look ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg that looks creepy and super cool.. I like the chipped nail effect!!! awesome

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Polish AMOR I really did chip my nail so I went with this look:) thanks
    ~Anne

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read our blog and leave a comment we love hearing your thoughts. Please don't spam the comments if you want us to check out your blog email us at SouthernSisterPolish@gmail.com we will be more then happy to check it out!