Thursday, March 22, 2012

Happy Hunger Games Everyone!

Hello everyone and Happy Hunger Games! I am so super excited about this movie its scary:) Okay so if you don't know by now The Hunger Games is a 3 book series by Suzanne Collins that was made into a movie(well the first one so far). This mani was created from the love I have for the books and the excitement I have for the movie.
I first started off by panting my nails with a grey base... I used Spoiled Polish Black Mamba, two good coats. The next thing I had to do was paint flames....READ THE BOOK, or now go watch the movie :) I used Sinful Colors Sugar Sugar, OPI Color So Hot it Berns and Pros & Bronze, Piggy Polish Sunshine Highway, and a touch of Zoya Snow White. So I know that sounds like a lot but remember you are only using a drop of polish:) The next thing that I painted was a bow and arrow... this was pretty straight forward and easy, I used SinFul Colors Nail Art  in Flower Girl. Then I wanted to used the district number some how and just ended up painting it on my pinkie with Wet n Wild Black Cream. Okay for the main artwork ..... the MockingJay pin:) This was the hardest nail to paint, I used Sinful Colors Flower Girl and OPI Pros & Bronze.... and took my time to get the pin just the way I wanted it:)

I hope you enjoy my "Tribute" to The Hunger Games!








I have to say I think my nail art is improving.... this only took me all afternoon to do, lol:) So did any of y'all read the book and if you did what was your favorite part??? I really loved the whole book, and I can't wait to see the movie and how they will bring the book to life:)
I leave you with a quote from the book......
“Only I keep wishing I could think of a way to…to show the Capitol they don’t own me. That I’m more than just a piece in their Games” -Peeta Mellark”  

Happy Hunger Games Everybody!
Love,
~Anne~

13 comments:

  1. Love it!!! That's awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Faaaaabulous! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Y'all:) I love this mani so much, I can't wait to see the movie:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on those flames! They look great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks y'all ...you have to go see the movie it was AWESOME!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow. this is unreal. amazing job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks ♥ have you seen the movies yet???

      Delete
  7. wow this is unreal. amazing job!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read our blog and leave a comment we love hearing your thoughts. Please don't spam the comments if you want us to check out your blog email us at SouthernSisterPolish@gmail.com we will be more then happy to check it out!