Thursday, March 22, 2012

Happy Hunger Games Everyone!

Hello everyone and Happy Hunger Games! I am so super excited about this movie its scary:) Okay so if you don't know by now The Hunger Games is a 3 book series by Suzanne Collins that was made into a movie(well the first one so far). This mani was created from the love I have for the books and the excitement I have for the movie.
I first started off by panting my nails with a grey base... I used Spoiled Polish Black Mamba, two good coats. The next thing I had to do was paint flames....READ THE BOOK, or now go watch the movie :) I used Sinful Colors Sugar Sugar, OPI Color So Hot it Berns and Pros & Bronze, Piggy Polish Sunshine Highway, and a touch of Zoya Snow White. So I know that sounds like a lot but remember you are only using a drop of polish:) The next thing that I painted was a bow and arrow... this was pretty straight forward and easy, I used SinFul Colors Nail Art  in Flower Girl. Then I wanted to used the district number some how and just ended up painting it on my pinkie with Wet n Wild Black Cream. Okay for the main artwork ..... the MockingJay pin:) This was the hardest nail to paint, I used Sinful Colors Flower Girl and OPI Pros & Bronze.... and took my time to get the pin just the way I wanted it:)

I hope you enjoy my "Tribute" to The Hunger Games!








I have to say I think my nail art is improving.... this only took me all afternoon to do, lol:) So did any of y'all read the book and if you did what was your favorite part??? I really loved the whole book, and I can't wait to see the movie and how they will bring the book to life:)
I leave you with a quote from the book......
“Only I keep wishing I could think of a way to…to show the Capitol they don’t own me. That I’m more than just a piece in their Games” -Peeta Mellark”  

Happy Hunger Games Everybody!
Love,
~Anne~

13 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to read our blog and leave a comment we love hearing your thoughts. Please don't spam the comments if you want us to check out your blog email us at SouthernSisterPolish@gmail.com we will be more then happy to check it out!